NXP chooses hybrid IAM solution to support global Cloud strategy
NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI), formerly known as Philips Semiconductors, has its headquarters in Eindhoven and employs 25,000 people in more than 25 countries. Building on its expertise in high-performance mixed signal electronics, NXP is driving innovation in the areas of connected car, security, portable & wearable, and the ‘Internet of Things’.
NXP’s need for a new IAM solution was two-fold: firstly, its auditors had highlighted a need to improve its digital security and it therefore wanted a strong authentication solution implemented across a number of applications including Office365, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Ariba and Box. Secondly, NXP recognised a need to reduce the costs of its on-premise IAM solution and wanted to replace it with one that met with the company’s long-term cloud strategy. From eight potential suppliers, NXP chose iWelcome to deliver a highly secured IDaaS platform. Its decision was based on the following criteria:
- iWelcome is a European company
- The solution will significantly reduce identity management costs
- It provides an integrated strong authentication solution
- Its single tenant infrastructure is highly secure
- iWelcome has a clear vision and strategy for IAM for large corporations
- iWelcome is a 100% SaaS solution, which fits within NXP’s cloud strategy
- iWelcome has been audited, tested and certified against the international standard ISO27001 for information security
- Low TCO
With iWelcome’s IAM platform, NXP now has a cost effective cloud based identity management infrastructure that it can migrate its on-premise IAM functionality across to. iWelcome is already being utilised to provide single sign-on, self-service, provisioning and strong authentication using the iWelcome Authenticator Application.
Award winning European Cloud Security Project
As a result NXP is now compliant with all the required security policies and standards set by its auditors. Furthermore, following the iWelcome implementation, NXP won the European Identity Award for Best Cloud Security Project 2014 by Industry IT Analyst KuppingerCole.